Starting today, we’re rolling out 4,000 electric bikes over the coming months. When this rollout is complete, approximately one-third of all Citi Bikes in the fleet will be electric! In addition, we’re currently adding 13 new Citi Bike stations to our busiest areas, and 2,500 more docks to existing and new stations as a part of our infill plan.
When you upgrade your ride to an electric bike, it will be an additional $2/ride (or $0.50 for Reduced Fare Bike Share members). There are no changes for classic bikes - ride as you normally would!
So what does this mean for you?
- Citi Bike is waiving the additional $2/ride for all members until April 27th, 2019!
- For non-members who purchase a single ride, day pass or 3-day pass through the Citi Bike app and wish to upgrade their ride to an electric bike, it will be an additional $2/ride.
- Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade to an electric bike at a Citi Bike kiosk. Please download the Citi Bike app in order to purchase.
- We’ll continue to provide free upgrades after April 27 for members who dock electric bikes at certain stations along the L train corridor (more on that soon) or if there are only electric bikes at a Citi Bike station.
- We want to hear what you think in the coming months. We'll ask you for feedback as we develop new membership options including electric bike rides.
Thanks for being a part of the Citi Bike community! For additional information, please visit our Meet the Electric Bike page and Electric FAQ.