May 28, 2016 | 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Restoration Plaza, Brooklyn, NY
In an effort to encourage residents to embrace cycling as a healthy and affordable transportation option, our partners at Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation are organizing a series of free rides happening twice every week.
The rides will take place each Wednesday and Saturday from May through October, departing from Restoration Plaza and other convenient locations throughout Brooklyn. The rides will be led by partners and leaders including: Restoration President Colvin Grannum, Assistant Commissioner to the Department of Health Dr. Torian Easterling, and leaders from community organizations like Transportation Alternatives and YMCA. Interfaith Medical Center will be leading rides on the first Wednesday of each month starting May 4th.
Below are the scheduled rides through mid-June:
- May 4th (Wed) 6pm led by Interfaith Medical Center
- May 7th (Sat) 11am led by Eagle Academy
- May 11th (Wed) 6pm led by Jobs Plus at Restoration
- May 14th (Sat) 11am let by Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership
- May 18th (Wed) 6pm led by Transportation Alternatives
- May 21st (Sat) 11am led by Bed Stuy Resident Kweli C.
- May 25th (Wed) 6pm led by Assistant Commissioner, NYC Dept of Health, Torian Easterling
- May 28th (Sat) 11am led by Bed Stuy YMCA
- June 1st (Wed) 6pm led by Interfaith Medical Center
- June 4th (Sat) 11am led by 500 Men Making a Difference
- June 8th (Wed) 6pm led by Restoration President Colvin Grannum
- June 11th (Sat) 11am led by the Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership
Bring your own bike or use one of ours! Citi Bikes will be available free of charge for use during the rides. You can reseve your spot online here:http://www.restorationplaza.org/calendar/weeklybikerides.
Want to lead a ride? Restoration and partners are also actively looking for other community organizations and leaders to host rides. If interested, contact Tracey Capers at email@example.com.
The twice-weekly ride series builds on efforts in collaboration with the Partnership for a Healthier Brooklyn, the NYC Department of Transportation, the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and Citi Bike and includes promotional giveaways and an intensive promotional campaign under the banner Fresh Moves Brooklyn.
Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation is part of the Better Bike Share Partnership, a national grant cohort that’s working to increase membership and bike share use among people of color and low income populations. We look forward to see you there!