- Push the button on the kiosk to wake up the screen
- Press the "Rent a bike" button on the kiosk screen
- Insert your credit or debit card
- Choose how many bikes you'd like – up to 4
- Select the type of pass you'd like
- Print your ride code, which you'll use to unlock your bike(s)
- Pick out your bike(s) – skip any docks with a red light
- Type the code into the keypad on the bike dock(s) within 5 minutes
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!
The first 30 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included in your pass price, and you can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active! If you keep a bike out for longer than 30 minutes at a time, extra time fees apply.
Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade to an electric bike at a Citi Bike kiosk. Instead, please download the app.
To end a ride, return your bike to any station with an empty dock. Insert your bike firmly into the dock, and wait for the green light to make sure it's locked. Watch this video to learn how to dock a Citi Bike.
To ride again, swipe the same credit or debit card at the kiosk to get a new ride code. You can ride as many times as you want on a classic bike while your pass is active.