Where do Citi Bikers ride? When do they ride? How far do they go? Which stations are most popular? What days of the week are most rides taken on? We've heard all of these questions and more from you and now we are happy to provide the data sets to help you discover the answers to these questions and more. We invite developers, engineers, statisticians, artists, academics and other members of the interested public to use the data we provide for analysis, development, visualization and whatever else moves you.
This data is provided according to the NYCBS Data Use Policy.
Citi Bike Trip Histories
Below are links to downloadable files of Citi Bike trip data. The data includes:
- Trip Duration (seconds)
- Start Time and Date
- Stop Time and Date
- Start Station Name
- End Station Name
- Station ID
- Station Lat/Long
- Bike ID
- User Type (Customer = 24-hour pass or 7-day pass user; Subscriber = Annual Member)
- Gender (Zero=unknown; 1=male; 2=female)
- Year of Birth
This data has been processed to remove trips that are taken by staff as they service and inspect the system; trips that are taken to/from any of our “test” stations (which we were using more in June and July), and any trips that were below 60 seconds in length (potentially false starts or users trying to re-dock a bike to ensure it was secure).
July 2013 (25.8 MB) August 2013 (30.6 MB) September 2013 (31.6 MB) October 2013 (31.5 MB) November 2013 (20.6 MB) December 2013 (13.6 MB) January 2014 (9.2 MB) February 2014 (6.9 MB) March 2014 April 2014 May 2014
Citi Bike Daily Ridership and Membership Data
Click on the link at the bottom right of the graph to download the data as .csv.
Download data from System Launch - Sept 2013 at: http://cf.datawrapper.de/pe6k4/1/.
Download data from Oct - Dec 2013 at: http://cf.datawrapper.de/0FwJZ/28/.
Download data from Jan - Mar 2014 at: http://cf.datawrapper.de/SGjhr/1/.
- Citi Bike station feed (JSON)
- The City of New York's bicycling data
- A group of software developers and data explorers working with data feeds from NYC's Bike Share system and other bike data maintain this Google Group (note: NYC Bike Share is not responsible for this group, it is run and maintained by a group of interested private citizens).
Monthly Operating Reports
Find our monthly operating reports here.