This greenway, which is shared in parts with runners and walkers, offers another great car-free option for biking in the city. In order to avoid the section where the bike path breaks around the United Nations, our favorite ride starts just south of there.
- Grab a bike at the FDR Drive & E 35th St station and head South.
- Enjoy the glimpses of downtown Manhattan in front of you, and great views of the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge to your left.
- Ride along the East River Bikeway about 4 miles
- Turn right on John St, then left on Front St
- Drop your bike at the Front St & Maiden Lane station, and enjoy the afternoon at the South Street Seaport!
This route takes most riders 20-30 minutes. If you go over the 30 minutes that are included in the Day Pass price, not to worry – it's only an extra $4 to keep your bike out for an additional 15 minutes.
See the Manhattan Waterfront Greenway Map for more info.